This year Chile for Christ celebrated its 25th anniversary as a UK registered charity. In July Arnold Page retired as its founding Director, along with another trustee, Martin Cove. As a result of much prayer and some advertising the Lord has found three new people to take up the shared mantle. One of the existing trustees, Brenda Gooding, is taking over as Director.
Join us in giving thanks to God for the following:
- for originally establishing the ministry of Chile for Christ and for blessing its work over twenty-five years since its registration as a charity.
- for finding gifted people to continue the work and for giving them the willingness and courage to respond to God’s call.
- for the decision of the Chilean Methodist Church to support Pastor Ronny Pulgar’s vision for establishing a church in Tierra del Fuego by buying a property in the capital town of Porvenir; this was a direct answer to the prayers we asked for in January.
We would ask for your prayers for the following:
- the new Management Team, that they will be united in mind and spirit, that they will know the Lord’s direction, and will accomplish his will with wisdom, imagination, perseverence and love
- for Ronny Pulgar and his associates as they establish a Christian community in Porvenir, and for commitment to the vision by all the Chilean Methodists so that the loan to pay for the building can quickly be paid off.
- for Pastor Miguel Pérez who was due to have his gall bladder removed in August.
- for Pastor José Canipane and his wife Adela, whose house and church building were destroyed in forest fires that entered the city of Valparaíso in January, as they seek to rebuild what was lost with few human resources; may they be blessed by new people joining them, and have the physical and spiritual strength they need to persevere.
- for our retiring director Arnold, as he turns his attention and energy to completing and publishing an important book on the return of Jesus Christ; look out for Z: The Final Generation – Preparing for Christ’s Imminent Return. Arnold will donate to Chile for Christ 20% of the sale price of all books bought via his website.
You can receive our newsletter and prayer letter directly in your inbox by subscribing to our email newsletter using the form below.
Thank you so much for continuing to pray for those in Chile supported by Chile for Christ. May you know God’s generosity and abundant love in your own lives as you seek to serve him.